Saturday, April 19, 2014

I bet you're wondering what I serve at parties.


So last night, I had an after-caroling party at my house.
I must say a good time was had by all.
Only because they told me that.
I must say.
(that's from Ed Grimley.)
Everyone left around 9 p.m., and we still had to drop stuff off for secret Santa.
Needless to say, I was tired when I got home.
So I did what every normal person does when they go home and they're tired.
I got on Facebook and updated my status.
You know, because everyone is interested in what I'm doing at every moment.
Oh wait, that's Twitter.
Never mind.
So I'm writing my status update,
I'm thinking and typing something like,
"cleaned the house, blah blah, had a party, blah blah, and served....served....how do I spell that? Hor Devors? Hors douerves? Hors d'ouvre? Aw, to heck with it, I'll just call them appetizers!"
So I erase it and write "appetizers".
Or so I thought.



I thought wrong.



I erased the "D'eourves" part, and the "s",
but forgot to erase the hor,
so my status update said I served "hor appetizers".
Which either means I was serving appetizers to hors,
or I served hors as appetizers.
*sigh*
Next time, instead of updating my status, I'm just going to bed.
It's better that way.