Monday, August 04, 2014

Dear People of Utah,

When you say you want to talk about your "fillings",
I think you mean these...










and I am confused.
Then I remember, you have an accent,
and you probably mean these...




















When you say, "Who will fix our mills?"
I wonder when you bought a mill, and when it broke.
Is it a hand mill? A wind mill? A sawdust mill?
And when you talk about eating a mill,
at first, I am always shocked.
What kind of person eats a mill?
Even a little hand mill would be hard to digest.

 


















I shake my head in amazement.
Then I remember, you have an accent,
and you probably mean this...















When you ask if something is fake or "rill",
I wonder what the heck you are talking about.
Why would something either be fake, or a stream?
















Then I realize you are asking if something is
a copy or an original, but with an accent.

And then I wonder if you even realize
(that would be "rill-ize" to you)
that you've been pronouncing things wrong.
Prolly not.