Friday, March 22, 2013

A couple of months ago, my husband bought me a car.
She's not new, but she is exotic. She was shipped here from Hawaii.
The people that owned her, shipped her here, and then decided she was too big for them.
God bless them, they had the foresight to buy rubber floor mats before they traded her in.
All I have to do is hose those babies off.
For some reason they put running boards on her.
They must have been short, because there is really no reason to have them.
When I use them, I look like I'm trying to check out the roof of my car. 
"Yep! Everything is fine up here!" Then I duck into my car.
Anyhoo, did you know if you own a Honda Pilot, you call yourself a "Piloteer"?
It's like "Rocketeer", except with a Honda and no jet pack.
So, I've been thinking I need a hat, since I'm a "Piloteer".
At first I was thinking vintage, with goggles and everything. Maybe a scarf, too.

















But decided against it because I get hot pretty fast, and with goggles like those, I'd be driving around in a fog most of the time. I don't really need help with that.
Then I thought about a modern pilot's cap.
My thoughts immediately went to "Captain and Tennille". I mean, who's wouldn't?

















"Honey, you let me cover that zit for you..."

He had a pretty cool hat.



What was he "Captain" of, anyway?
Tenille?
Oooh....
I guess "Love" could "keep us together" in the car.
 My 10 year-old  nephew has a hat like that, and when I see him wearing it, I always want to sing, "Muskrat Love".
Of course, there's always the possibility of people mistaking me for Captain Stubing from the "Love Boat", too.




















Passengers would open the car door and expect me to direct them to their seat.
Of course, I'd have to buy a clipboard and hire a Julie, because I'd have to drive.

Maybe I'll just buy a Pilot Pen.
Start small, and build from there.