Thursday, May 23, 2013

Eureka!

My sister gave me these old prints over ten years ago.
I think they're out of an old book.














I've always loved them. The flowers, the color, everything.
They're pretty small, so it limits where I can put them. 














So yesterday,
as I was planning out some new colors for my front room,
I thought of them.
PERFECT!
Except, too small.
So then an idea popped into my head.
Take them to a copy shop and have them enlarged.
Why have I had these for ten years and never thought of this?
I don't know.
I wanted 11 x 14, but I wasn't sure if they would turn out blurry,
so I had him do 8 x 10 too.
They both turned out!
 













Four color prints for 7 bucks!
Holla!
I found some mats for the 11 x 14's














Four dollars.
Then I went to the frame section.
Dang.
They wanted $50 bucks and up for one frame.
A frame!
And it wasn't even a frame shop.
It was a craft store!
If you know me at all,
you know I won't even pay $50 for a framed picture.
I'm certainly not going to put a copy of a picture,
I paid $2.75 for, into a $50 frame.
I found poster frames buy one, get one.
Twenty five dollars (ouch).
Meh.
I bought them.
I know, I know.
But if you knew how long I have searched for the perfect pictures...
Ugh.
The good thing?
They match PERFECTLY with my pillows...
which co-ordinate with my curtains...
which go nicely with my new/used sofas!

  












I could not have planned this.
This match was made in Heaven.
Seriously.
"Where's the final product?"
Oh yeah...
I have to paint over that awful green on the walls.
"Carrot, didn't you just paint that room in October?"
.....
Yeah, wanna fight?